Sunday, December 19, 2010

Save Money With Straight Talk

I have been an AT&T wireless customer since 1997.  Like a lot of people, I'm always looking to save money where I can.  I had what I thought was a good plan, 1500 minutes for $49.95 per month.  The problem was that when you add all of the taxes and fees, the total monthly bill came to $63.51.  This doesn't even include a data plan which is an additional $15.00 per month plus tax.

I started thinking about switching to another provider.  I decided to try Straight Talkbecause I liked the price, $30.00 per month for 1,000 minutes, 1000 texts and 30Mb monthly web data.  But, what really sold me was that they gave me a free phone and free FedEx delivery.  I was a little apprehensive because it was a refurbished phone.  I chose the Samsung R451C because of the slide-out keyboard and figured that I would just return it and buy a different phone if it didn't work out.  The total bill came to $31.80 with tax.  Now, if you do the math, I am saving $32.43 per month! I'm excited about that.

Within a few minutes of placing my order I received a confirmation email with my FedEx tracking number.  Straight Talk uses 3-day delivery with FedEx unless you upgrade to next day for an additional charge.  Since I wasn't in that much of a hurry, the standard free delivery was fine with me.  Anyway, it arrived in 2 days. 

I opened the box and was really surprised.  The phone looks brand new.  It says refurbished on the box, but I didn't see any scratches or blemishes.  I installed the battery and charged it up.  In the meantime, I began the process of porting my number from AT&T over to Straight Talk.  I called the activation number as instructed and my phone number was instantly available on my new phone. 

Call Quality; Coverage
Another pleasant surprise was that I am not having to sacrifice call quality or coverage.

Browsing The Internet
I was really surprised how fast it is to browse the Internet.  When you slide out the keyboard, the screen switches from vertical to horizontal making it easy to surf the web.  The screen is about the same size as my BlackBerry.

Music Player
The phone comes pre-installed with 55Mb memory.  Which is enough for taking pictures and downloading ringtones.  You can also plug in a memory card to expand the memory.  You need a memory card to download and play music.

Tools
Bluetooth support, contact manager, calculator, world clock, alarm clock, memo pad, stop watch, measurement converter and tip calculator.

Directory Assistance - 411
A nice bonus from StraightTalk is free 411 calls.  Most carriers charge up to $1.50 per call.

I'm very happy with the phone, the service and the price.  I highly recommend Straight Talk to anyone wanting to save money. Order now and get Free shipping with the purchase of any Straight Talk phone bundle.

No comments:

Post a Comment